At the Asia Financial Markets Forum 2021 Singapore on 27th October, Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Chairman of the Monetary Authority of Singapore commented “There may be a role for crypto in future finance that extends beyond pure speculation and illicit finance”. Tharman's comments come as Singapore builds its status as a crypto-technology hub and lays the framework for activities such as trading, listing, tokenisation and custody.
The announcement on 20th October of the launch of another new whisky Asset-Backed Security (“ABS”) token - the premium Brora 1982, on Hg Exchange has been creating some buzz! This launch follows the successful debut of Southeast Asia's first whisky-based ABS tokens on Hg Exchange earlier this year.
Following the overwhelming response to the launch of the tokens for the Brora 1982, we are now delighted to host a webinar for financial institutions, consulting firms and other industry partners. Tune into this webinar where the panel of subject matter experts from Hg Exchange, Propine, KILDE and Baker McKenzie will discuss the rise of tokenisation in private markets alternative investments.
Date: 30 November 2021 (Tuesday)
Time: 5.30 pm - 6:30 pm Singapore Time
- Radek Jezbera, CEO, KILDE
- Stephanie Magnus, Principal, Baker & McKenzie
- Tuhina Singh, CEO, Propine
Moderated by: Eric Neo Say Wei, President, Hg Exchange
1. Building a benign, enabling environment for tokenised securities
2. Tokenise Everything: Alternative Assets and Digital Asset Management
3. Asset Tokenisation from a digital custodian’s perspective
4. Regulatory and considerations of tokenising assets
5. The future of alternative investments in private markets as Asset Tokenisation becomes more prevalent
6. Panel discussion / Q&A